Monday, August 8, 2011

Baking Class Experience

My first ever baking class was a blast, I had not idea what to expect but being able to work with Chef Danny is just fantastic. This will definitely won't be my last baking class.  I manage to get plenty great advices and ideas that will help out with my baking techniques. I just wished I could have learned bread making from him since he specializes in bread making.

Overall, the 5 hour session of macaroons, Oreo cheese cakes and hot chocolate soufflĂ© was definitely worth it! I managed to gain some theoretical knowledge and hands on experience when it came to preparing  these recipes. The only thing that was a little disappointing was that we only made the macaroon from pre mix  instead of doing it from scratch. But Chef Danny was kind enough to provide me with fantastic advise on how to do it from scratch and he even gave me a recipe that he personally tested! :) So I will definitely attempt that recipe on my own when I feel confident enough. But anyway's enough of my jibber jabber, here are some pictures to show what I done on my baking class.  Enjoy!

































4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like it was a great class! How awesome that it was "hands on"--I know I learn so much more that way than just by watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there too :-(
    This experience is a must for people like us. I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep definitely. Hands on with the professionally guidance does give you that extra bit of experience that you can't get from just reading a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. We do need to improve our skills further :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you have enjoyed reading it! I love comments and any comment would be appreciated. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...