Saturday, August 27, 2011

Easy Tiramisu

Hi everyone!



So I just been back from holidays not long ago as you all know, remember that picture of that Tiramisu i posted up on my top 5 food I had? Well even though it wasn't ranked first, the memory of that spoonful of that light, creamy and delicious home-made Tiramisu kept coming to me and I been craving for it for the past week. So I decided to do some research to look for some Tiramisu recipes that I could attempt.



Having never attempted it, I was quite sceptical about giving it a shot since I heard that it is always difficult. But after going through a bunch of blogs, I was inspired by Cream & Vanilla's post on an easy peasy Tiramisu! So this will be my first ever attempt at a Tiramisu! =) For those of you that are a bit worried about eating raw eggs like me, well this recipe is for you then because it does't require raw eggs.




The process of making it was actually quite simple and the end product was a gorgeous and sophisticated looking dessert that I have ever made! I will try to improve on the layering of the cream and sponge fingers but overall it was one of the best looking desserts that I ever made period!

I even received positive comments on its taste and texture of the Tiramisu as well! So I hope you enjoy this and I  hope to inspire some of you to attempt making a Tiramisu because it is much easier than you think.













Easy Tiramisu 
Inspired by: Cream and Vanilla 


Ingredients 
250 gm of *WHIPPED* Cream Cheese
90 gm of Icing Sugar
450 ml  of Thickened Cream/Heavy Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Few teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
1 Cup of strong brewed coffee cooled


Steps
1) Whisk thickened cream till it is thick and have stiff peaks ( 4 minutes by hand mixer )

2) Add in whipped cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla into the whipped cream and mix till it is all well combined. Then let it sit in the fridge to set for about 45 minutes to an hour.

3) Line baking paper on a 8 x 8 square pan to ease transferring the tiramisu out of the pan.

4) Line the bottom pan with sponge fingers dipped into the strongly brewed coffee. Then, spread a layer of the pastry cream on top of the sponge fingers. Then another layer of  coffee dipped sponge cakes then a final layer of pastry cream on top. The amount of pastry cream is up to you! ;) be extremely generous is my advise!

5) Sprinkle cocoa powder on top as the final touches, this is also up to you how much cocoa powder you want to sprinkle. Once done, place it in the fridge again to set for at least 1 hour but optimally over 4-5 hours to fully allow it to set.

Personal notes
1) If you can't find whipped cream cheese in your grocery store, just beat 250 gram block of cream cheese with 3-4 tablespoon of fresh cold milk till it is smooth and creamy. You may do this the night before and use it the next day when making the Tiramisu

2) Do not soak the sponge fingers or it will fall apart very easily when doing your layers. So just dipped it in very quickly.

I hope you have as much success as I had with this recipe and please let me know if you are successful with it!

R.Deou



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...